The Compleat Food Group
The Compleat Food Group is a leading supplier of chilled foods to UK supermarket chains.
Founded in 1962, The Compleat Food Group (Compleat) is one of the UK’s most dynamic chilled food businesses with a leading position in continental foods and a fast-growing plant-based operation.
Compleat trades as Winterbotham Darby in the UK, where it operates three food production facilities. The business also sources products from some 140 suppliers across Europe and is able to flex its supply model to deliver a complex and innovative range of products to meet the UK’s exacting food safety and hygiene standards.
Since investment, Equistone has worked closely with the business to support the:
- Acquisition of three companies, including olives and antipasti manufacturer, Alatoni, and more recently, pickles, ferments manufacturer, Vadasz.
- Investment in numerous ESG initiatives to drive a leadership position in animal welfare standards across Europe.
- Launch of innovative meat alternative products under its Squeaky Bean brand.
- Investment in “high speed” manufacturing lines for olive and antipasti production alongside numerous cost-out initiatives.
- Continued growth through new client wins and product range expansion at key retailers in new product areas.
- Introduction of an Executive Chairman in 2017 to support cultural change and operational improvements.
Today, the business employs 530 people and revenue is forecast to achieve £226m for 2021.
Equistone sold its Fund IV investment in Compleat to PAI Partners.
Dez. 2012 - Jan. 2021
£175m / £226m
Mitarbeiter bei Investition
We’ve enjoyed a very successful partnership with Equistone, who have supported us to significantly enhance our presence within the UK grocery market and establish Winterbotham Darby within a number of new, fast-growing chilled food segments.